Friday, January 01, 1999

Definition: Galaxy Quest Guys

The inner censors and critics that we all have. Taken from a concept created by Julia Cameron who wrote the Artist's Way book series. My inner censors remind me of the little green creatures found on the rock planet in the movie Galaxy Quest. They look all sweet and innocent at first but usually they bare their teeth and gnaw on me whenever I'm attempting to break out of my shell or when I'm trying to forget my past.

They are sometimes confused with Jiminy Cricket, Pinocchio's conscience. While Jiminy tends to weigh right against wrong, where right usually wins out... the galaxy quest guys use fuzzy logic to intimidate me into holding myself back and not doing what's in my best interest- especially when it comes to facing my fears.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?