Saturday, July 01, 2006

Failure To Entertain Is More Like It

If you were thinking of seeing this movie- perhaps on the fence about it- let me help you make that choice. It sucked. It just sucked. It was basically How To Lose A Guy In Ten Days with just a few changes to the plot. And it didn't have Kate Hudson in it. She had far more chemistry with Matthew McConaughey then Sarah Jessica Parker does (and I like SJP, especially from Sex and The City). In this movie, her tan was too dark and her face too made up with makeup. She was just annoying. I did enjoy the side characters played by kathy Bates, Terry Bradshaw and Zooey Deschanel (who was the only truly funny character). I only wish that more of the movie had been shot involving them and their trials. As a very annoying subplot, there are some stupid scenes revolving evil animals that bite and pick at Matthew's character. They are out of place in this movie and they undermine any sort of credibility this movie could have ever have hoped to attain.

I was looking for a movie to help escape from my depression for a short time. Instead I ended up even more depressed. Comedies are not supposed to do that, people!

Do yourself a favor: skip it and go play in the backyard. You'll be glad you didn't waste 97 minutes of your life.

1 Comments:

Blogger MikeyPDX said...

The only reason I would watch that movie is for (Steelers Hall-of-fame Quarterback) Terry Bradshaw.

Hey, SJP's character's name in S&TC was Carrie Bradshaw. Hmm...

12:49 AM, July 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?