Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Final Hold Out


For those of you who are not familiar with my newest Honey Bunches (aka Mr. Big) and don't know about our difference in opinions, let me recap it for you: He calls himself a "moderate conservative" (and I had to stifle the eye-rolling... that's not entirely true though. I'm trying to be respectful of other opinions) and he assumes that I am moderately liberal. I might be but I've never voted for anything other than a democrat in any election, I'm a huge fan of Jon Stewart, and I think this latest administration is made up of dominions from the underworld. At the very least, I think someone has an over inflated ego and needs a reality check as to his scope of power. But I love my honey boy and I certainly don't want to fight with him over political issues. I have a couple of years to convince him to leave the dark side and join the better half of the human race by voting against evil forces (if they so choose to run).

So far I haven't minded the ESPN viewing (I did audibly object to watching bowling though) or a constant check of BET (I'm learning new things after all and sometimes I get to see Common doing his thing). I absolutely adore Go-Go music and I need to snag me some copies of Mr. Big's cd's. I enjoy getting into his world and I like when he ventures into mine. I'm tempted to drag him to the Black Sheep Gathering show this weekend and submerge him into the world of yarn but that could be a little too much for him. He's already put up with my camera in his face (can't help but constantly photograph such a beautiful specimen).

But there is just one thing I won't let go of and play nice over: Fox News and Bill O'Reilly. The man makes me physically ill. The network gives me the heebie-jeebies for their spin on everything. I had a migraine last night and my patience was already being tried just by the fact that I couldn't crawl into the fetal position and die. I asked as politely as I could without barfing up all over the place if he could change the channel. I will watch paint peel over Fox News. Just give me a TV with one channel with ugly and disgusting paint peeling all day long- slow motion, sped up, instant replays- I don't care. It's just more entertaining and calming in the long run.

If we end up together, I will have it written into our wedding vows that he never watches Fox News while I'm in the room. Till Fox News do us part, hon. Hrumph!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?