Thursday, August 31, 2006

Do The Happy Dance

My therapist wants me to make a list of things that make me happy so I can remember them when my thoughts are in a downward spiral. I came up with 50 little random items which I'll pare down to about 10 or 15 and post them somewhere conspicuous from now on.

1. Sunshine on my face
2. When one of the cats wants physical attention from me & not just because he’s hungry or whiny
3. eating fruit, especially berries
4. walking in nature
5. running a mile
6. waking up refreshed without an alarm blasting me away
7. cuddling, smooching, hugging
8. an outfit that makes me feel sexy
9. someone’s attention when I’m wearing that something sexy
10. good grades
11. understanding a new and difficult concept in class
12. calls and letters from family and friends
13. packages I ordered containing clothes, c.d.’s or books
14. fitting into my foundation underwear with no pulling or stretching
15. having a quick comeback for a rude and random comment
16. being validated for my feelings
17. amazing sunrises and sunsets
18. Indian summers
19. making an marvelous dinner
20. eating vegetarian meals
21. Oregon chai tea
22. when respectable democrats are elected to office
23. inspiring books
24. insightful documentaries
25. The Daily Show
26. belly dancing music
27. finishing a knitting project and giving it to someone
28. nailing the right notes with very little squeaking on my violin
29. enjoying myself for the day & not caring what other people think about me
30. a day without bills to pay
31. cute animals (that would be the girly side of me)
32. clear skin
33. a good hair day
34. good news from friends and family
35. a date with Mr. Big that makes us both content
36. the smell of freshly cut grass
37. completing an apartment improvement project by myself
38. a tidy apartment with room to breathe in
39. marking off done items on my to-do lists
40. when my shift at work is over for the day
41. lazy Sundays
42. country drives and new adventures
43. thrift store scores
44. attending concerts and music festivals
45. marimba music
46. quiet Christmas nights at my parents' house
47. snowfalls that I don’t have to drive in
48. the first warm days of spring every year
49. going barefoot
50. laughing until my tummy aches

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?