Friday, September 01, 2006

3M WOJ8 Seen in the Rear View Mirror Spells Hilarious!

The Smoking Gun has a series of customer complaint letters to the NY DMV (titled URPL8SUX) about vanity plates that spell vulgar and offensive items. I think it’s kind of strange that many of these got thru with no objection. My favorite one that gave me pause (and a giggle) was this one. Classic, just classic. Was I offended? No, just thought it was ingenious. The guy gets bonus points for bravery and for slipping one by.


Too bad I can't get a plate that says BITEMEBUSH.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just recently looked up my former license plate, 3M WOJ8, on Google. I was surprised to see that there were so many articles. NY State DMV revoked this plate in October 2005.

In spite of my best efforts to resist the temptation to apply for another "unique" vanity plate, I finally succumbed. My new plate reads Q UH9. I'm confident you'll figure it out. (In case you encounter difficulties, be phonetic about the prounciation.)

For obvious reasons, I can't divulge my name, but if you need to contact me, I'll be looking at your comments from time to time.

Keep up the good work!

10:08 AM, May 22, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

I give up, what the hell is your license plate QUH9?

8:47 PM, February 13, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When read in the mirror, Q UH9 looks like PHU Q. The "PH" is pronounced like an "F" as in the words PHONE and PHALANX. So try saying FU Q a few times. Get it? I really miss my old plate because it didn't require any explanations.

8:26 PM, March 31, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I retired the Q UH9 plate because almost nobody could figure it out.

Although not quite as good as its predecessor, I was able to get this one issued by the DMV:

IM WOJ8.

Catchy, don't you think?

Send along your comments to:
LicensePlateGuy@att.net

11:08 PM, December 25, 2009  
Blogger Unknown said...

My IM WOJ8 plate was revoked by the DMV after only two months. Oh well.....

8:22 PM, May 24, 2015  
Blogger Unknown said...

My IM WOJ8 plate was revoked by the DMV after only two months. Oh well.....

8:22 PM, May 24, 2015  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?