Thursday, May 25, 2006

Goodbye Old Girl


© 2006 Punkin Dunkin Productions

Mollie died last night at the ripe old age of 12 and she was one of the sweetest dogs I ever encountered. Mollie used to nudge and nudge and nudge people on their elbows to get them to pet her. I once spilled wine all over my lap when she butted her long nose against my arm in an attempt to get noticed.

I remember one of the last times I spent more than just a minute or two with her. It was a cold morning, when I took this picture, and she was on her blankie in the laundry room with her paws stretched out in front of the wall heater. She sat quietly as I snapped away in the Sunday morning light. She looked happy and content, even if a little confused with my lens right in her face.

"My, what a magnificent collie..."

3 Comments:

Blogger MikeyPDX said...

My sincerest condolences. Sad to hear about the passing of such a wonderful (and beautiful!) dog.

3:23 PM, May 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sad, it rips a hole in your life when a such a friend dies. She's catching frisbees among the clouds.

4:46 PM, May 26, 2006  
Blogger crallspace said...

MAy she rest in peace. She looks like the type to poke her nose into your arm for attention. Poor sweety.

8:48 PM, May 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?