Tuesday, February 20, 2007

FINALLY!

It has taken me about 3 hours to forever to figure out how to access my blog at work (no home or school connection available right now) and which proxy will let me post pictures.... let's hope this one works for now.

Sometimes it feels like I'm fighting the Borg. Every time I access a website deemed unacceptable by the firewall, I'm blocked the next time around. Then I have to try several web proxies to get back in. I'm not accessing lewd stuff here. Perhaps my love of photography, politics and architecture is just too taboo for work? I could play internet games all day long like everyone else, but I think I'd go crazy pretty quickly.

Anywho, I'm here now, for good (fingers and toes crossed).

To get over my breakup and to retrain my body to accept food and build muscle, I've decided to do several things:

1. I got the bike in working order and actually rode no less than 10 miles on Saturday from outside the city limits of Eugene all the way over to the city center of Springfield. I wasn't planning on it, but the weather was so nice and I didn't feel like waiting around for a bus or a ride to come get me.

You may never forget how to ride a bike... but your ass sure does!


2. I signed up for my office's volleyball league this spring. I don't have any sports skills whatsoever but hopefully the 90+ pounds I've lost were just suppressing all of them. I'm ready to do some spiking! Bring it on!

Let's hope I get over the irrational fear of things flying past my head.

3. I'm attending a knitting bee (of sorts) every week from now on. Maybe someone can show me how to use double pointed needles and actually create a sock. Or something that appears to be sock-like. I tried once and broke the needles.

Sometimes store bought is just waaaaaaaaayyyyyyy easier. There's just no challenge though.

4. I'm now an official volunteer for the humane society. My pictures of the cats should appear shortly here and on the adoption site, which I will link to. I had fun taking pictures this past weekend, getting used to all the new kitty personalities. I can't swat butts there like I do at home so it's going to be interesting. My training for the dog kennel won't be until next month so the doggie pics will be forthcoming.

I need to find a way to permanently adhere some treats to my camera.


5. I'm busy, buying frames for photos that need to be sent out to certain peoples and finding the best yarn deals for a knitting stash meant to become scarves for charity. Relay For Life is always heavily supported by my workplace. This year, I'm using my knitting talents to rake in some big bucks. In addition to the projects earmarked for family thank yous and birthdays, I have a bunch of charity knits in progress. I wouldn't mind locking myself in my apartment for a whole weekend to gain some serious ground with these things. But my fingers are already chapped and callouses are not far behind.

Why can't I learn to knit with my toes? I'd be just that much further along!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Tudeski said...

Wow! It sounds like you're busssssy! I got an idea for attaching the treats to your camera: you could get a baseball cap and attach some dangly springs to the top that have treats at the end, so the dogs will be fixated on you.
That's great about the biking and volleyball too! You're gonna be quite the athlete.
And remember we wanna see some photos of your knitting.

6:31 PM, February 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?