Monday, March 05, 2007

"People say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing- that's why we recommend it daily" -Zig Ziglar

Here is my daily inspiration. Or daily torture, depending on what I've eaten.

My best friend is getting married in July. I have 90 days until I must go in for a fitting and about a 150 until the big day. I am the maid of honor which means there is no possibility of standing to one side so as to "accidentally" slip outside of the camera lens. I have to stand right next to her. And I have to fit into that mummy wrapped looking dress while doing it! AHHHHHH.

So it got me off my butt and seriously motivated this weekend. I biked 18 miles around town and I was unstoppable. I knocked 10 minutes off my biking commute to work this morning. I'm doing crunches and I'm lifting my little weights. I weigh 183 but I'm going to start ignoring that figure and begin paying more attention to how my clothes fit. That's the true sign of success. I need some serious buffness to happen between now and July. I'm going sleeveless in front of a large audience... the only thing more terrifying than that would be public speaking. And yes, I'm well aware that I may have to do that too.

Geesh! Why are weddings full of this much hassle and anxiety? Does anyone have a happy day while attending one of these things?


Besides exercise, I found myself more motivated than I have been in a very long time. But I accepted my imperfect success rate over the weekend ("no, those magazines do not have to cataloged according to size and color" "no one is coming over for dinner so it's okay if the dishes sit a little longer" "dusting is optional right now"). I did get some bills out though, got the laundry caught up and at least contemplated cleaning out my bathroom of toiletries and sundries that I hoard there (I'm not why I have this overwhelming need to keep shampoo bottles and fragrance bottles when there's just a smidge of the product left over. Maybe it's the shiny packaging that implores me to stuff it under the sink rather than in the trash. Thank goodness I don't stay at too many hotels. Those little bottles of conditioner and tiny soaps are almost too much for my obsession). I also worked on finishing long over due photos, did my taxes over after discovering another tax credit I was previously oblivious to (thanks mom!), paid my rent, made and scarfed down the best salad I've had all year and began planning the baking I'm doing this week for a couple of birthday celebrations. I was exhausted by the end of the night, but I was 100% thankful that I didn't waste the day. I look forward to as many non-wasted days as possible from now on.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?