Monday, July 24, 2006

More Later....

But I just wanted to thank those who gave me advice (both here and out there) about my predicament. I do want to share one thing: After all the crying and yelling and hurt feelings and ‘I’m sorry's’ and 'I Love You's', a miraculous thing happened. I told Mr. Big that we could no longer use text messaging when we found ourselves in the middle of a discussion where a misunderstanding might occur. I wasn’t sure if he would remember that plea or not. But sure enough, last night when we were bouncing back a few messages, he suddenly called me and said he wanted to speak to me and avoid any confusion over the topic. I was completely blown away. It meant more to me to hear that than just about anything else in the last few days- including all the apologies! What that said to me is that there is a genuine level of commitment and desire to work through what problems we face.

I went to bed with a smile on my face and a hopeful lift in my heart for what we have now and what we can achieve in time.



(and yes, I am well aware of how damn cheesy that sounds.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news! It sounds like things have really turned around. The technology we have today is great, but there are many times when e-mails and text messages are easily misunderstood.

7:36 PM, July 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

communication happens on many levels, face to face there is more direct linkage, voice there is a bit less, never been a fan of relationships that are text based, yes I've had them, found out that they where based on completely different interpertations, not enough bandwidth....too much signal degradation...way to go for asking what you need, and hurray for having your needs responed to!
><1>~<1><

1:30 PM, July 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?