Monday, October 30, 2006

Random Monday

1. My weight is at 196 today or 79 pounds total. My goal was to be at 80 by the time I went home for Christmas.(As of Tuesday 10/31, it is 195.2, which we will just consider to be 195 and 80 pounds total) I don’t think all of that loss is completely true because last week was the midterm week from hell. In order to keep up with work and school I had to forgo a substantial amount of sleep and a high amount of food. I literally did not have time to eat. I had to sneak in food with the short 10 or 15 minutes I got running between classes or to and from work. I decided that from now on I will take a multivitamin no matter what is going on just so my body is getting some of what it might miss. My body is now screaming for all sorts of foods. I had a cupcake this morning at breakfast with icing that was an inch thick. I figured I could give myself a break or two. I don’t feel like 196 because I don’t think I look like it. It doesn’t register with me that I fit into a certain percentage of XL’s out there. I was looking at the Sunday ads and it took me quite a while to realize that I needed to look at the “regular” clothes instead of the plus sized ones listed. It just hasn’t sunk in.

2. The downstairs neighbors are cruising for a bruising. Apparently they’ve never experienced apartment living before. At midnight on Saturday, I had to listen to a most obnoxious bass vibrating up through the floor joists, my bed, and right to my pillow. By 1 am, the bass was still going strong. I stomped on the floor once or twice and all I got in return was banging on the ceiling. Granted they did turn down the stereo but not enough for me to get any sleep. So I stomped around the floor for several minutes to no avail. I then decided if I can’t sleep, then I can get some chores done. Those included using the washer, dryer, dishwasher, and every electronical device in the apartment that makes noise. By 2, everything was quiet again. Did they learn anything? Hell no. Sunday morning brought more of the same. But instead of getting mad, I decided to get even (which is a place I don’t really want to go because it’s far worse than just getting upset). I waited until 7am and then I got up and dragged my alarm clock into the bedroom and stuck it along the window ledge (because of poor construction, noise travels really well up and down the windows into both apartments’ bedrooms). I cranked up the classic rock station, closed my bedroom door and went back out to the living room for a peaceful nap. If I can’t sleep, no one else will be able to either. If it continues, I will be forced to find more obnoxious music to use at 5am when I get up in the morning. Suggestions are welcomed!

3. I’m euphoric this morning and if you don’t know why then you need to email me and I’ll tell you. If you do know why or think you do… yeah, it was really great. I’m happy and content and excited. It’s a really good thing that has happened to me. I've chosen to keep the latest turn of events off line so as not to jinx anything cause I'm sensing something really good coming out of this and I don't want to screw it up.

4. I rushed out of my apartment this morning, running slightly late as usual, and I was greeted by a nice layer of ice on my windshield. So I didn’t have my scraper handy but I did have my wallet. Who knew there was such a practical use for those damn grocery club cards?

1 Comments:

Blogger Tudeski said...

That's great that things are going SUPER!
As for the neighbors, you never what the crazy bassas are gonna do, so I wouldn't do anything too rash. Just "politely unpleasant".
The fact that you made it to the weight you have is certainly a big achievement too!

8:39 PM, October 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?