Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I Miss the Christmas Lists of Toys

I got the Toys R Us catalog in Sunday's paper and it reminded me of how my brother and I used to pour over that and the JCPenny catalog as soon as they arrived in the mailbox.

This year, I really have no Christmas requests. That is unless you count needing good quality underwear and pantyhose- which my mother does not consider acceptable gifts for under the tree. Today marks the umpteenth time since this summer that I have to go home and change my pantyhose due to a fatal run. I need good hosiery people! But right now I'm refusing to pay $20 for the new Spanx tights that are taking the average woman's wardrobe by storm. I did find a good knock-off and it's not so much as a knock-off because the product, called Assets (available at Target), is made by the same woman who created Spanx. I need a little more time with the pantyhose before I give an official review but so far, it is looking good.

(Watch, now I'll be inundated with pantyhose at Christmas time. I just know it)

J. was an absolute sweetheart last weekend. After I mentioned I'd have to get some slippers for his very cold duplex, he slipped out to Fred Meyer and brought back two pairs to choose from. It's so easy falling for the guy; I don't even have to think about it. I’ve already figured out that he’s a keeper but I think I’ll wait a little while before telling him. He can continue to court me ‘cause he’s just so darn adorable at it.

So slippers have been taken care of. I could use a new bathrobe since the one I have is 10 years old and 3 sizes too big. But I can’t find a robe that doesn’t make my hips stick out abnormally. Half the time it’s the chunkiness of the fabric. The other half of the time it’s the massive pockets that gather around the middle. I need something warm but not funny looking on me. The search continues.

I boxed up the yarn last night in preparation for the big move and it’s painfully obvious that I do not need any more yarn at the moment. My habit should not be encouraged.

There isn’t much that I need or want this year. Due to the move, I’m actually trying to get rid of stuff instead of continuing to collect it. The St. Vinnie’s pile grows by leaps and bounds every day.

Recap: I need pantyhose and a bathrobe… and before I forget, I could use a variety of trouser socks too, especially in pretty designs. How boring is that? If I got any of those things as a kid, I would have been pissed. I am truly an adult now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?